1. We’re looking to buy a glider, but I have been a tad intimidated by all the options and copious reviews out there. Any time I think I’ve found a promising winner I read an inevitable “DO NOT BUY THIS CHAIR” review. Do I roll my eyes and ignore the pessimist or will I have buyers remorse?! Anyone have a glider they’re happy with?
2. I was completely disappointed to realize that I’ll miss Brian Regan’s performance this month in my area of the US of A, but a bit consoled to see he has a new CD. If you have not ever experienced this man’s comedic genius you must watch one of his DVDs!
3. Enjoying the start of football season, especially with the Redskin’s big win this past Sunday! Hail to the Redskins.
4. If you are a fan of Downton Abbey, please stop what you are doing and watch this video (Or maybe everyone already has and I am incredibly behind the times?). Regardless, it should hand you a hearty chuckle.
5. My husband is out of town for 4 days, so I am on 24hr. parental duty. I honestly don’t know how military wives, single moms, and others whose husband’s are periodically gone cope! I now have a much deeper level of respect for those women.
6. He went to visit friends and family in his hometown of Mt. Angel, OR, where Oktoberfest is in full swing. I wish I could be there, but I’m glad he was able to go. O-fest is so much fun, and I dearly miss all of the scrumptulescent food they sell (second of course to missing Tim)! This cheese fondue is one of the best things I’ve ever ever eaten. I could drink it.
7. If you think of it, please say a prayer for a friend from college whose mother was recently diagnosed with brain cancer. She has been blogging about everything here. I cannot imagine dealing with that, and my heart hurts for this family.
Now stop what you are doing again and visit Camp Patton for more quick takes!