Instructions + Rules:
Thank the person who nominated you and link your post to their blog | List 11 facts about yourself then answer the 11 questions given to you | Create 11 more questions for your 9 nominees, all of whom have 200 or less followers. | Comment on their blogs informing them of their Liebster Award nomination.
Eduardo Verastegui and I were at the same Easter Vigil mass in 2009.
I have hitchhiker thumbs.
Milk is my very favorite drink.
I’m a cookie fiend but would rather eat the whole bowl of cookie dough!
I would love to learn to play the banjo or the bass guitar (bass has the coolest sound!).
I’m #8 of 10 kids.
When I was younger I was TERRIFIED of shots/ needles, and talk of blood or surgeries made me feel all limp. Now needles and blood are a big part of my nursing job.
I happened to be reading The Wedding (Nicholas Sparks) when Tim approached me to ask me out on our first date. I tried to discreetly hide the title so he wouldn’t think I was dropping hints. :)
I constantly use Strawberry Chapstick and need it on my person at all times!
I still have my baby blanket, although it has huge holes and most of the “filler fluff” is gone.
I love to read menus.
11 Questions from Jiza:
1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week so far? My nephew was born!
2. What is the kindest act that you have ever experienced? My sister’s father-in-law giving his life for his son.
3. If you were to perform in a circus, what would you do? Ride a unicycle.
4. You’ve been given a ship. What would you name it? Hmm…maybe Kusadasi?
5. What was your favorite Halloween/All Saints costume from when you were a kid? Juan Diego. :)
6. If you knew you could not fail, what would you do? Be a rare book dealer or have a bakery at the beach.
7. What is your concept of a fruitful day? Spending quality time with my girls, and making dinner without getting all flustered.
8. What was your first live concert? Rascal Flatts.
9. Ben & Jerry’s or Blue Bell? Ben and Jerrys!
10. Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme? Tough one. I guess Dunkin b/c they have more chocolate options.
11. Peanut or Plain? Peanut.
11 Questions from Erika:
1. Best trip ever: Trip to Croatia, Bosnia, Greece, and Turkey I took with Tim and his sister Kathleen back before any of us got hitched.
2. Favorite saint and why: St. Jude- I love that he’s the saint of impossible cases.
3. Fav recipe: Tough one! I’d have to say a toss-up b/w this one from Giada de Laurentis, and my aunt’s Asparagus and Swiss Quiche.
4. Your wedding colors and flowers (potential, if you’re not married yet): Navy blue, white, and bronze/ orange. The bridesmaids carried orange and white roses, and my bouquet had orange calla lilies, white and orange roses, and some other white flowers that my aunt added.
5. Article of clothing that you can’t live without: Probably camisoles b/c I always layer over them.
6. Favorite blog for your morning coffee read: Either Jenny’s or Grace’s.
7. Polka dots or stripes? Polka dots.
8. Top favorite mass song: Take My Life (Chris Tomlin)
9. If you could meet anyone, who would it be: It would be really cool to meet Cardinal Dolan, and I’d also like to meet Gary Larson (author of The Far Side)- I just want to know how he comes up with the hilarity!
10. Most essential beauty item: Mascara!
11. Why you started blogging: Ha-I actually wanted to record amazing things I’ve eaten at restaurants (I like food a lot) and then it morphed into just a place to “assemble” my random interests and thoughts.
11 Questions for my nominees:
If you could play any instrument what would it be?
Favorite fashion trend ever?
Favorite vacation spot?
Favorite religious devotion?
Mountains or ocean?
Chocolate or Vanilla?
Would you rather have to empty/take out all the trash in the house or clean the toilet?
Do you prefer emails/texts or handwritten letters?
Tell me about your favorite pair of shoes.
Do you have a favorite book you’ve read more than once?
For your wedding did you do (any of) the traditional “Old, new, borrowed, blue”? If so, what were they?
Here’s who I’m nominating below. Feel free to participate or not. No pressure!